[leafnode-list] Two questions about logging in Leafnode 2.

Hi,

I was hoping to get some clarification regarding logging with
leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20070602a, following some discussion of this area
in news.software.readers. I have 2 questions:

Question 1:

I note in the README that comes with the source that only the
following is mentioned as being added to /etc/syslog.conf:

news.info               /var/log/news

Can I ask if there is value in also adding the following for the sake
of completion, or will needs be mostly met by 'news.info':

news.=crit         -/var/log/news/news.crit
news.=err          -/var/log/news/news.err
news.notice        -/var/log/news/news.notice
news.info          -/var/log/news/news.info

(These are given in the Slackware /etc/syslog.conf as settings for INN.)

Question 2:

Can I ask as well if there was ever any thought of including a small
section in the documentation on subsequent handling of the logfile/s
in /etc/logrotate or is this starting to move beyond the scope of a
/leafnode/ README? This came to mind when I noticed such things as
sample crontab settings in this document.

I have cobbled together the following which I was also hoping for
comment on:

       /var/log/news/* {
           weekly
           rotate 4
           olddir /var/log/news/old
           missingok
           postrotate
                kill -1 `cat /var/run/syslogd.pid`
           endscript
           compress
       }

Thanks for time in responding to these questions, my apologies if they
are a little basic :-)

     Andrew Strong
--
http://www.andrews-corner.org