[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] Re: Suppressing "no servers found" error message
- To: Samuel Tardieu <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [leafnode-list] Re: Suppressing "no servers found" error message
- From: Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:08:52 +0200
- Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:08:57 +0200
- List-id: Discussions on the Leafnode Usenet software package <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
- Sender: leafnode-list-bounces+list01=leafnode.de@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20080213 Thunderbird/18.104.22.168 Mnenhy/0.7.5.666
Samuel Tardieu schrieb:
>>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Brown <broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Mark> Yup, and since there's no prospect of a full release of Leafnode
> Mark> 2 in the forseeable future I've not been investing a lot of time
> Mark> in the packaging.
> What are the features that leafnode 1 has over leafnode 2 ? Or what
> could be the reason for anyone to install leafnode 1 rather than
> leafnode 2 ?
If you install and support the software personally, go for leafnode-2 if
you feel comfortable with that.
Distributors with stability policies or guarantees will want leafnode-1, so
as not to piss users off with changed behavior between successive
leafnode-2 snapshots that might require configuration adjustments, because
I make leafnode-1 changes carefully and in compatible ways (hopefully).
There isn't much in the pipeline for leafnode-1 anyways :-)
leafnode-list mailing list