[leafnode-list] Re: Suppressing "no servers found" error message

Brian D schrieb:
> On 11 Apr,
>      Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> If you install and support the software personally, go for leafnode-2 if
>> you feel comfortable with that.
>>
>> Distributors with stability policies or guarantees will want leafnode-1, so
>> as not to piss users off with changed behavior between successive
>> leafnode-2 snapshots that might require configuration adjustments, because
>> I make leafnode-1 changes carefully and in compatible ways (hopefully).
>>
>> There isn't much in the pipeline for leafnode-1 anyways :-)
>
> How easy is it to ugrade to leafnode-2?

Requires some work, particularly careful matching of the installation paths
so that you don't run two versions in parallel, which will stomp over each
other.

 > Will it be able to use the same spool?

No, you need to at least run texpire -r, then fetchnews -f after installing
the new tools over the old ones.

> Can you use both versions in paralell on the same spool?

No. Either leafnode-1 or leafnode-2, and there is no way to downgrade from
leafnode-2 to leafnode-1.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
   						-- John Lennon, 1980