[leafnode-list] Re: fetchnews continuously grabbing active

James Cloos schrieb:
> I'm running 2.0.0.alpha20070602a.
>
> Over the weekend I did a manual run of fetchnews(8) with -f.  Since then
> I noticed that the run from cron was grabbing the active file every time.
>
> Turns out the last: file for my primary server had mtime of several weeks
> ago.  In particular, my manual run doesn't seem to have updated it.
>
> Any thoughts on what would cause it to fail to update?
>
> Otherwise, my leafnode experience has been great.
>
> -JimC

fetchnews is supposed to log the reason why it needs to refetch the active
file; try "fetchnews -evvv" to see if you can get it to print the reason on
your console - otherwise check your syslog configuration if it captures
news logging at all: some distributions are known to discard all
news-related logging.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
  						-- John Lennon, 1980