[leafnode-list] Re: automatically x-post to local group?

clemens fischer schrieb am 2008-07-29:

> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 14:36:57 +0200 Matthias Andree wrote:
>
> > clemens fischer:
> >
> >> "Newsgroups: gmane.network.leafnode,local.archive", in the hope the
> >> article is saved to my local group "local.archive". but this doesn't
> >> work. i think it should.
> >
> > Depends a bit on moderator settings. Beyond that, does local.archive
> > exist? Leafnode does not automatically create newsgroups unless they
> > are in an active file or explicitly listed in local.groups.
>
> yes, local.archive exists in "/etc/leafnode/local.groups":
>
>   local.archive   y   local archive group, Xpost everything here
>
> no moderating. i've tried a few combinations, and everything works:
> direct posting works, and even moderating in the sense that get the
> emails. but not cross-posting with non-local and local groups.

Hi Clemens,

that's strange. What's the corresponding nntpd/leafnode logging WRT the
posting?

What's your setting of no_direct_spool in the .../config file?

Do any articles remain in ${spooldir}/in.coming?

Let's see if we can figure out what's going on...

Best