[leafnode-list] Re: automatically x-post to local group?

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 11:41:14 +0100 Whiskers wrote:

> The usual method of archiving 'sent articles' is to append them to an
> mbox file, which can be accessed using an email client or text tools.
> Usenet clients such as slrn (and even I think Outlook Express) do that
> for individual users.

ok, unfortunately, tin[1] doesn't save articles, or, at least, i cannot
for the life of me find out, how.  the way described in the
documentation is either formulated wrong or i'm too stupid.

[1] tin.org

> I have heard of people getting email messages 'ported' into a local
> newsgroup (something I'd like to do with mailing lists) but I don't
> know how to do that with Leafnode.

to do this right would mean to do it like gmane.org does.  i read all
the mailinglists there, including leafnodes.

clemens