[leafnode-list] Re: fetchmail, fetchnews can't get thru router

* Matthias Andree on Thursday, August 07, 2008 at 09:48:33 +0200
> Christian Ebert schrieb:
>> I just tried mpop <http://mpop.sourceforge.net/> and ... it works
>> flawlessly.
>>
>> At least I am able to access mail now.
>>
>> Leaves the fetchnews problem. And of course I'd like fetchmail to
>> work thru the router as well.

FWIW, I also tried fetchmail with mda procmail to exclude
communication issues with the local server.

> Well - that's a problem that cannot be debugged without proper logs,
> including tcpdump/tshark logs to see where it goes wrong - and I have yet
> to see fetchnews (leafnode) logs...

What debugmode level would be appropriate and informative?

Although I doubt that would be much more info as, like fetchmail,
just hangs after first connecting to the server.

> "socket error" is not usually a problem in fetchnews/fetchmail, so just
> switching software doesn't prove anything here.

I don't want to prove anything, it was just meant as info that
might trigger an idea where to look for (my or t-online's) mistakes.

Thanks for your input.

  Was heißt hier Dogma, ich bin Underdogma!
[ What the hell do you mean dogma, I am underdogma. ]

_F R E E_  _V I D E O S_  -->>  http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/