[leafnode-list] Re: Empty groupinfo file

Whiskers <catwheezel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Have you got
>
>        noactive = 1
>
> in your configuration for that server?

D'oh!

But I was using "fetchnews -f".  Shouldn't that override the noactive
line in the config file?

Also, I changed the noactive to 0.  Here's the resulting output.

leafnode 1.10.8.rel: verbosity level is 3, debugmode is 0
try_lock(timeout=5), fqdn="phiwumbda.org"
Groupinfo file /var/spool/news/leaf.node/groupinfo not present or too small, forcing active fetch.
news.rcn.com: connecting to port nntp...
news.rcn.com: connected.
news.rcn.com: using STAT <message-ID> command.
news.rcn.com: 0 articles posted.
news.rcn.com: not attempting to update newsgroups list
sci.math not found in groupinfo file
alt.conspiracy not found in groupinfo file
alt.folklore.urban not found in groupinfo file
sci.physics not found in groupinfo file
sci.crypt not found in groupinfo file
sci.logic not found in groupinfo file
news.rcn.com: conversation completed, disconnected.
wrote active file with 0 lines
Started process to update overview data in the background.
Network activity has finished.

As you can see, I still have

  news.rcn.com: not attempting to update newsgroups list

in the output.

What am I missing?  Thanks again.

--
Jesse F. Hughes
"Maybe I screwed up on one of my assumptions [...].  Otherwise, um,