[leafnode-list] Re: SOLVED

* clemens fischer on Sunday, August 10, 2008 at 22:19:33 +0200
> On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 13:18:14 +0200 Christian Ebert wrote:
>> $ cat /etc/resolv.conf
>> nameserver 217.237.151.205
>> nameserver 217.237.148.70
>> nameserver 192.168.2.1
>>
>> With IPv4 set to DHCP there's only the last, the router's, entry.
>>
>> But just changing /etc/resolv.conf might not be enough as it will
>> be overwritten at reboot. -- I have yet to reboot, so I don't
>> actually know if the settings are preserved.
>
> if you don't want that to happen,

It doesn't. Phew. I just rebooted.

> you can override the nameserver settings in etc/dhclient.conf:

There's no dhclient.conf on my machine; even "locate dhclient"
yields nothing. MacOS is sooo unconventional ;)

I still don't know why it works now or didn't work before. But
there you go.

THX

So is das Leben / Eben. / Eben und flach. / Ach.
---> <http://www.blacktrash.org/hanullmann/hanullmann.html>