[leafnode-list] User authentication

As far as I know, the current released version of leafnode does not support
user authentication (require uid+password to be used at newsreader client).

Is this feature possibly planned or already implemented in the new
leafnode-2 version that will be released some day?

I would appreciate it, since it would allow me to connect to my
home-leafnode from anywhere in the world where I can access the internet
with my laptop (without making this server open to public). Currently I can
not access my ISP's news server elsewhere but from home, but authentication
at the "news proxy" at home would workaround this.

Regards,
Timo