[leafnode-list] Re: corrupted base64 list message

Whiskers schrieb:

> Any 'corruption' takes place on the webmail server; the full headers are
> presented along with the message body, all as plain text and in one page
> (or tab, to use Firefox terminology), and it's that which FreePops
> delivers.

So they reencode (to 8bit presumably) without changing headers. Too bad.
Still, Freepops should work around that.

> I have no intention of touching Google Mail (or Hotmail).  I am currently
> trying out a free account with GMX (currently in beta) which offers IMAP
> and POP as well as webmail.  I've already migrated one mailing list to

Well, they charge for IMAP usually - unless they recently changed their
subscription models. Its POP3 service has served me for years and is rather
"not getting in the way", and spam filtering is reasonably configurable.

> One serious drawback with GMX's web site is that it currently refuses to
> work with any browser but IE Safari or Firefox, but they do seem to be
> responding to user pressure that at least Opera be allowed in too;

To me it appears Opera falls short on several web sites that use
cross-domain cookies, for instance GMX's FreeSMS service (depends on
subscription model), and doesn't work with their "Beta 3" AJAX stuff, but
should work with the "plain old" web interface.