[leafnode-list] Re: filtering newsgroups

On 17 Sep,
     Peter J Ross <peadar.ruadh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wednesday 17 September 2008 19:05:29 Brian D wrote:
>
> > newsgroups = .*uk\.rec\.ufo
>
> <...>
>
> > and I'm still getting items crossposted to UK.rec.ufo
>
> Do you mean that the rule doesn't match when "UK" is upper-case? If so, try
> adding "(?i)" to the pattern before "uk".
>
> See "INTERNAL OPTION SETTING" in "man 3 pcrepattern".

Eureka! The UK (in upper case) was a typo, but I'd forgotten about case
sensitivity with what i'd previously tried. Having been used to procmail by
default being case insensitive, I'd ignored case in the leafnode filters
file.

I'll now re-try my earlier filters in the correct case.

Thanks for the pointer.

--
  Brian Duffell  VirtualRiscPCSA  | RISC OS 4.39 Adjust
  Darlington Dolphin Masters ASC  | <www.darlingtonmasters.org.uk>