[leafnode-list] Re: Strawpoll: Case sensitive or insensitive filters? (was: filtering

On 18 Sep,
     Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx> wrote:

> OK, having seen that problem: do users generally consider "case
> insensitive" a saner default for leafnode-2? It's slower (may be noticable
> on 2 GHz machines), but should not hurt too much. (leafnode 2 currently
> compiles filters only with PCRE_MULTILINE)
>
> If the default were changed, (?-i) could be used in a pattern to make it
> case sensitive again.

Now being aware of the case sensitivity I'd say leave it if there is
otherwise a performance penalty.  Where necessary the filters could disable
it.

--
  Brian Duffell  VirtualRiscPCSA  | RISC OS 4.39 Adjust
  Darlington Dolphin Masters ASC  | <www.darlingtonmasters.org.uk>