[leafnode-list] Re: Random errors

> > Header download for the 'linux.debian.maint.boot' folder did not
> > complete.  Account: 'dbass.homelinux.com', Server:
> > 'dbass.homelinux.com', Protocol: NNTP, Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No,
> > Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>
> Apparently 10060 is a timeout (I had to search the Internet), whatever
> 0x800CCC0E menas.
>
> So either the client has networking troubles, or the server has
(albeit
> unlikely, as SSH seems to work), or client and server go out of synch.

Almost certainly the client - we've had recent connectivity issues here,
though IT claim they have all been solved, ha ha.

> > /var/log/news/news.err is empty, as is news.crit and news.notice,
since
> > they all rotated at 0713 this morning.
>
> So what's in the archived copies of the logs?

All the messages about normal operation. Like I said, these errors only
started occurring today. I mentioned the empty logs purely to note that
there was nothing logged about the errors.

> > Has anyone experienced this before? Anyone have any thoughts as to
what
> > might be causing the errors?
>
> I've seen all sorts of errors with Windows and Microsoft software for
> networking, however not this particular one (I'm not using OE).
>
> "OE" isn't a software I'd recommend or I am able to debug.

Me neither. It's unfortunately the only newsreader available to me in
this situation.

> What do you get with other newsreaders, perhaps on a
> different client (if available)?

I suspect they will be fine. I'll check as soon as I get home.

Thanks,

Chris

This e-mail may contain information which is confidential, legally privileged and/or copyright protected. This e-mail is intended for the addressee only. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer