[leafnode-list] Fetchnews process takes very long

Hallöchen!

I run fetchnews as a cron job every 10 minutes.  Every other hour or
so, it takes *much* longer than usual (15 minutes instead of approx
40 seconds).  I suspect that it does some sort of database cleanup
at this time.

One reason is probably that I've subscribed to many groups over the
last months but unsubscribed from most of them.  However, fetchnews
still gets news from them -- which is not totally bad, because
sometimes I re-visit such groups.

But can one move this *very* I/O-intensive cleanup of fetchnews to
the night hours?  Or, can I tell fetchnews which groups I really
won't want to read again?

Thank you!

Tschö,
Torsten.