[leafnode-list] Re: Fetchnews process takes very long

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 11:31:51 +0200 "Torsten Bronger"
<bronger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   wrote:

> Hallöchen!
>
> I run fetchnews as a cron job every 10 minutes.  Every other hour or
> so, it takes *much* longer than usual (15 minutes instead of approx
> 40 seconds).  I suspect that it does some sort of database cleanup
> at this time.

[...]

Have you got a cron job running fetchnews -f at that interval?  (That
command will rebuild the list of available groups from the upstream servers
- normally, Leafnode will do this only every 90 days).

--
--  Whiskers