[leafnode-list] Re: HEADS UP DEVELOPERS: leafnode-2 repository changed?to GIT (was?DARCS)

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 07:12:07 +0100 Matthias Andree wrote:

> please note that I've migrated the repository from DARCS to GIT, to
> overcome performance issues.

Your are talking about code browsing the darcs repo, right?  It is known
that darcs has a well thougth-out theoretic foundation, but that its
requirements on CPU power can explode in certain cases.  I'm a mercurial
man, but I've always found darcs to be very user friendly.

> While DARCS has served its purpose well and without major unresolvable
> issues, it has always felt slower than Mercurial or GIT, and I want to
> cut down on the diversity of revision control systems that I'm using.

Git is a beast in the number of commands needed to operate a repo,
I sure hope I'll manage.  Then again, with the huge count of git repos
out there, git knowledge is a must.

> - Two items are pending merge:
>  - Clemens's Lua Scripting branch, the DARCS repo is still there.
>    (I might just commit this in one huge blob and concatenate the
>    changelog entries, if that's fine for Clemens.)
>  - Clemens's recently sent patch around changed hash and assorted other
>    changes.

No problem.

-c