[leafnode-list] Re: HEADS UP DEVELOPERS: leafnode-2?repository?changed?to GIT (was?DARCS)

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:14:02 +0100 Matthias Andree wrote:

> True enough, but there are various "Git for DARCS" people websites
> that show command equivalents, and quite detailed at that. I find that
> very handy to just see the "git reset" variants without thinking too
> much.

ok, I googled for that phrase, resulting in over 140.000 hits.  Could
you cite a few of the better ones, and describe what you did/tried in
more detail?

> Your current Lua branch is still in DARCS, and will remain there until
> I merge (with the showstopper being the FreeBSD PCRE<->Lua build
> issues for the nonce).

I'm curently busy with something else, but i'll look into this sometime.

> If the pain becomes too large and Git development were not to catch
> up, I might switch again, but let's try it for a while - after all,
> Git is also undergoing development, and its user interface is in the
> developers' focus. At the Git 1.1 times, it would certainly not have
> been an option.

AFAIU git can merge and rebase even complicated cases, and keeping
branches is painless, too.  It might turn out the greatest common
divisor for all practical purposes.  If only I could learn to
distinguish between "porcelain" and "plumbing" commands, and then use
all that ...

-c