[leafnode-list] Re: HEADS UP DEVELOPERS: leafnode-2?repository?changed to GIT

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:03:52 +0100 Matthias Andree wrote:

> I have repacked the http:// server's repository aggressively, so that
> currently there's just one pack, and now cloning takes < 10 s for me.

AHA!  That explains everything.  I just cloned the repo from
http://home.pages.de/~mandree/leafnode/leafnode-2.git/.  With other
repos, I see the counting, compressing, guessing, resolving, cloning
etc, but just a few minutes ago I git one nested pack within a few
seconds.

You wouldn't know how glad I am to see that it's not again a freebsd
issue with git.  Last time I checked, committing was impossible, because
git uses access(2) for checking the hooks, and access(2) is, or was,
broken at least when root was using it.

-c