[leafnode-list] trying to decide which is better

I'm trying to setup an internal NNTP based conference for a client and what I
originally took on the job, they told me there was a relatively small (5000ish)
existing set of messages.  Then they said "oh by the way" and pointed me to an
another archive of messages they want stored.  I haven't counted them but it's
something like eight years worth of internal traffic.  I need to reevaluate
which nntp environment I should use and I'm trying to decide between leaf node
and WendzelNNTPd (http://www.wendzel.de/?sub=softw&ssub=wendzelnntpd).  I'm not
really a fan of the hairball of complexity known as INN but I will use that if I
have to.

in addition to a large pool of messages, the customer never wants to expire
messages.  While turning off expire is easy, but has some serious implications
for the message store in the back end especially when planning for another five
to 10 years of message accumulation (10-50/day).

I also need to inject messages (converted from an custom-built web forum and
others, as I mentioned, from an earlier usenet environment) and specify the
message ID and threading.  Leafnode seems to have a problem with me specifying
my own message ID

my primary question is "have my just-discovered requirements eliminated leaf
node as a viable platform for internal conferencing?".  leaf node has been great
to work with but I really need to know if I've exceeded its operational boundaries.

if it has, then there's no need to deal with the other problems I've found.  :-)

I really appreciate the feedback.

---eric