[leafnode-list] Errors during authentification

Using Leafnode 2.0.0.alpha20070602a (from the Debian experimental
repositories) I've troubles connecting to two news servers, that
require authentification. From the news.notice log, I can see that
(I've removed some words from the beginning of the lines)

fetchnews[5470]:
forum.mclink.it NNTP server disconnected or timed out while waiting for
response Nov
fetchnews[5470]: authenticate:
mc0660@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: password failed: -01
fetchnews[5470]:
myaccount@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: error, cannot authenticate

fetchnews[5495]: timeout reading.
fetchnews[5495]: news.individual.net NNTP server
disconnected or timed out while waiting for response Nov 25 10:25:08
fetchnews[5495]: myaccount@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: error,
cannot authenticate

It seems like Leafnode try to authenticate me as "account + @ + server
name", I don't know if it is true, but the effects are the same: I need
to use only account for user name, do you know what are possible
solutions?

Tia :-)