[leafnode-list] Re: Permanent reminder of "no posting permission!"

clemens fischer schrieb:
> Samuel Tardieu wrote:
>
>> clemens> leafnode-2 - marked "beta" - is perfectly usable, subject to
>> clemens> improvement and well maintained.
>>
>> Btw, I think this is a shame that Matthias doesn't want to put
>> leafnode-2 out off the "beta" mode, but I already told Matthias :)
>
> You are right.  OTOH, I am not sure that Matthias will issue some
> "stable" release of leafnode-2 soon, given my addition of (lua-)
> scripting.  Then again, all the latest fixes/improvements in the
> "master" branch (which doesn't have any scripting code) have dealt
> with small issues, sometimes only the wording of some message has
> been changed.  I have been running leafnode-2 for years now and never
> encountered a problem leaving me helpless, much less without USENET
> connectivity.

There's still a lot to do before release, the TODO might be good for a
first impression. Not all of that is for leafnode-2, certainly most of the
features can wait until a later point in time, but cleanups and such,
certainly needed, as much as bulletproof instructions for migrating
leafnode-1 to leafnode-2.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
  						-- John Lennon, 1980