[leafnode-list] Re: 2.0.0.alpha20081120a (and earlier) texpir e -r segmentation fault

> The culprit is a header on the groupinfo file.  The old
> texpire has no problem
> with it.  The new one has a big problem with it.  I did not
> put that header in
> there to my recollection.  I took it out, and texpire -r
> completes with no
> error.  I'd say that a segfault is unwarranted for junk in a
> configuration
> file.  The old texpire is not phased by it.

> Old version:
>
> $ head -2 /home/news/leaf.node/groupinfo | od -ax
> 0000000   #   A  sp   4   6  nl   k   r   a   y   t   e   c
> h   .   a

> New version:
>
> $ head -2 groupinfo | od -ax
> 0000000   #   A  sp   6   2  nl   k   r   a   y   t   e   c
> h   .   a

That header seems to be, amongst other things, a count of
groups... Confession time is probably now.  I did something
a bit dodgy during this spool copy - merged two local group
spools.  I changed the number of groups in group info without
updating the header.  Perhaps that is the secret sauce to the
seg fault?  It may not gracefully handle an inaccurate header.

Kevin

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies confidential or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.