[leafnode-list] Re: leafnode on macosx

* Martin Smith on Friday, December 19, 2008 at 19:15:30 +0000
> Christian Ebert wrote:
>> According to
>> http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/news/leafnode/Portfile
>> macports already does that.
>
> thanks, I wiped and reinstalled the version above but it does not seem
> to create a user news or _news so I am going to take it up with trac.
> Otherwise I can run fetchnews manually and d/l the active file, but I
> cannot seem to find an adduser command here on 10.5.6.... or I would
> add the user myself.

man dscl

http://ln-s.net/2a+w

But again, I believe you should macports take care of this. I'm
using fink, and there the package manager has the "passwd"
package listed as dependency, which adds the user news and is
automatically installed with leafnode.

I have fink's passwd installed (needed for other packages) and
compile leafnode myself.

\black\trash movie    _C O W B O Y_  _C A N O E_  _C O M A_
Ein deutscher Western/A German Western
-->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/ccc.html
-->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/ccc-en.html