[leafnode-list] Re: authentication questions

Matthias Andree wrote:
> Eric S. Johansson schrieb:
>> I know from the documentation, it's possible to authenticate using PAM.  That
>> authentication gives you access to all the newsgroups on a server.  is it
>> possible to restrict specific newsgroups to subset of the entire user population?
>
> Not at the moment, that's on the TODO list.

 so, you're telling me that if I need it, I should roll up my sleeves etc..  :-)

Seriously, could this be done from the lua extension environment or do I need to
relearn C/C++? [1]

---eric

[1] I asked because programming by voice is extremely iffy and currently
dependent on how language is express programming concepts.  the C derived
languages tend to have too much special character fungus to be programed by
speech and either aggravates RSI or damages your throat.  Python, in contrast,
is quite usable when writing code via speech recognition.