[leafnode-list] Re: Wrong reply to ARTICLE command: "412 no group selected"

Am 05.02.2009, 00:59 Uhr, schrieb Paul Brooks <paulbrooks59@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I got the messages when trying to get old posts with the command
> fetchnews vvvv -x 60000    I only have one interesting group at the
> moment.

The messages may have appeared when (a) the server's overview data was not
in synch with group contents and (b) it was unable to articulate itself
properly. It doesn't make too much sense though and requires both server
bugs and server data inconsistencies for explanation.

Do you know what software the server is using? It should be visible from
the first 200 or 201 greeting line from the server.