[leafnode-list] Re: authentication questions

Matthias Andree wrote:

> Am 03.02.2009, 23:31 Uhr, schrieb clemens fischer
> <ino-news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> The other "big" components of leafnode, ie. leafnode(8) and
>> texpire(8) have no lua hooks.  Matthias, does leafnode(8) have a nice
>> central place where all the music is launched from, like the store
>> article function in fetchnews?
>
> There's a main loop that reads the input and then handles the known
> commands in individual functions. Then there's an authentication that
> can be crypt() based or PAM based, but we don't do mandatory access
> control for user -> newsgroups mapping yet, it's all-or-nothing.

Ok, in that case I can take care of the mapping lua-style.  If the user
is properly authenticated, then the scripts just need to lookup which
groups the particular user has access to and deny him or her the rest.

This will take some time, but not months, more like a few weeks.  Who
knows, maybe I have it ready in a couple of days.  I'll copy the script
initialization from fetchnews and introduce hooks into leafnodes main
loop handling group functions.

clemens