[leafnode-list] Re: news.mozilla.org: reading new newsgroups failed, reason "501 no such list available"

Am 27.03.2009, 08:28 Uhr, schrieb Arthur Marsh
<arthur.marsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Is anyone else getting the error:
>
> news.mozilla.org: reading new newsgroups failed, reason "501 no such
> list available"
>
> Running leafnode 1.11.7.rc3-1 on Debian unstable.

Hi Arthur,

sorry to read of your problem.  I can reproduce this, but it's a server
fault.
GigaNews's servers do not support the standard command "NEWGROUPS"... (and
it's GigaNews who host these newsgroups).

In the end it's harmless; should Mozilla offer new newsgroups in the
future that your leafnode does not show, leafnode will either pick them 90
days after last checking the full newsgroups list, or you can run
"fetchnews -f" to force redownloading the newsgroups right away.

Could you please complain to Mozilla about using non-conformant servers?
Should you happen to be a GigaNews paying customer as well, please
complain to them, too. Thanks.

Best regards,