[leafnode-list] Re: news.mozilla.org: reading new newsgroups failed, reason "501 no such list available"

On Fri-2009/03/27-12:23 Matthias Andree wrote:

> Am 27.03.2009, 08:28 Uhr, schrieb Arthur Marsh:
>
>> Is anyone else getting the error:
>>
>> news.mozilla.org: reading new newsgroups failed, reason "501 no such
>> list available"
>>
>> Running leafnode 1.11.7.rc3-1 on Debian unstable.
>
> sorry to read of your problem.  I can reproduce this, but it's
> a server fault.  GigaNews's servers do not support the standard
> command "NEWGROUPS"... (and it's GigaNews who host these newsgroups).
>
> In the end it's harmless; should Mozilla offer new newsgroups in the
> future that your leafnode does not show, leafnode will either pick
> them 90 days after last checking the full newsgroups list, or you can
> run "fetchnews -f" to force redownloading the newsgroups right away.

Then how come leafnode-2 doesn't exhibit this problem?  I read a few
newsgroups at news.mozilla.org, which indeed is provided by GigaNews,
but cannot find this 501 error message.

Or does this happen only on "(re)scans", but not in daily business?

clemens