[leafnode-list] Re: Error Compiling Leafnode-2

On Tue-2009/03/31-20:49 Jeff Grossman wrote:

>> On Sun-2009/03/29-01:53 Jeff Grossman wrote:
>>
>>> I went to upgrade my Leafnode to the latest snapshot and got the
>>> following error when I ran make.  This is on a Debian Testing machine.
>>> All previous versions built with no problems.  This is the first one I
>>> tried building with the Lua functions in it, but I did not enable them.
>>>
>>> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.     -g -O2  -Wall -W -Wstrict-prototypes
>>> -Wmissing-prototypes -Wshadow -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-qual
>>> -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Waggregate-return -Wmissing-declarations
>>> -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wnested-externs -Wformat=2 -ggdb -fno-common
>>> -Wsequence-point -Wswitch -Wunused -Wuninitialized -Wundef -MT store.o
>>> -MD -MP -MF .deps/store.Tpo -c -o store.o store.c
>>> In file included from /usr/include/sys/stat.h:107,
>>>                  from /usr/include/fcntl.h:38,
>>>                  from store.c:39:
>>> /usr/include/bits/stat.h:103: error: expected identifier or '(' before
>>> '[' token/usr/include/bits/stat.h:164: error: expected identifier or '('
>>> before '[' tokenmake[1]: *** [store.o] Error 1
>>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>>> `/usr/local/src/leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20090324a+luascript'
>>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>
>> I've got another idea yet:  could you move the line >>#include
>> "script.h"<< of "store.c" down below the last #include?  It would look
>> like this:
>>
>>   #ifdef WITH_DMALLOC
>>   #include <dmalloc.h>
>>   #endif
>>
>>   /* -ino:
>>    * scripting extension
>>    * defines "script_*()" variables or their dummies,
>>    * when scripting is disabled.
>>    */
>>   #include "script.h"
>>
>> I just tried, it doesn't seem to matter to the compiler.  If this fixes
>> your problem, I'd know that "script.h" is the culprit.  It's not likely,
>> a straw, but the result of the experiment could help.
>
> Sorry for not getting back to you.  I have not had a chance to do the
> testing as you asked.
>
> I just tried the quick change of moving the include line down and Leafnode
> compiled with no problems at all.

Wow!  Thanks for testing this!

> Do you still need me to create that log file for further research?

It would be very nice, because include headers should not interfere with
each other in this way.  Nonetheless, I thank you again for reporting
the bug and help with the workaround.  I'll check it into the repo until
something else breaks  8-)

clemens