[leafnode-list] Re: Backup copy of the spool

Am 12.05.2009, 13:24 Uhr, schrieb Adam Funk <a24061@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 2009-05-11, Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> Enrico C schrieb:
>
>>> For instance, could I restore to the same path /var/spool/news BUT on a
>>> different computer?
>>> With leafnode-2?
>>
>> That will work, also with leafnode-1, providing that
>>
>>     1. the pathname is the same on both computers
>>
>>     2. hard links are transferred as hard links
>>        (as opposed to new copies of the files).
>
> Doesn't `texpire -r` fix the hard links?

Yes, it does (1.11.7 , thanks for the pointer. Running texpire -r before
calling any other leafnode program is essential though.

I had to check first if it will properly resort things and supports moving
paths (I was no longer sure if that was part of the fix), and apparently
it does. I haven't checked crossposts though.