[leafnode-list] Re: Backup copy of the spool

Am 14.05.2009, 15:31 Uhr, schrieb Adam Funk <a24061@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 2009-05-14, Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> Am 12.05.2009, 13:24 Uhr, schrieb Adam Funk <a24061@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>>> Doesn't `texpire -r` fix the hard links?
>>
>> Yes, it does (1.11.7 , thanks for the pointer. Running texpire -r before
>> calling any other leafnode program is essential though.
>
> I'm sure I learned it from you first!

Hi Adam,

That is true enough. But I wanted to confirm this as a general statement
and not one that was limited to your situation (which I did no longer
recall 100%).

> I did copy a whole /var/spool/news from one disk to another last
> year.  I can't remember what cp options I used, but I ran `texpire -r`
> immediately afterwards (I think it took quite a while) and everything
> was OK after that.

With GNU cp, cp -a is most convenient; for rsync, use -aH (and mind
rsync's subtle trailing-slash behaviour on the source argument).

Best regards