[leafnode-list] Re: Fetchnews messages

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 7:10 PM, clemens fischer wrote:

> > Am 19.05.2009, 15:31 Uhr, schrieb Enrico Wiki:
> >
> >> Nope, no crossposted articles, in that case. Just
> >>
> >> *"store: duplicate article "
> >>
> >> and in the same number as the "killed" articles.
> >
> > Euh. I think - again, without looking at code - that something with
> > fetchnews OR with your spool is wrong.
>
> I did look at the source of the lua-branch, which is identical to master
> at that point.  Did the error message really look this way, no
> Message-ID after the blank at the end?  That would really be weird,
> because a few lines above store.c exits if the article has no
> Message-ID.  The tests run at the point of the error message are:
>
>    /* check if we already have the article, ignore if downloading
>     * delayed body or feeding from in.coming */
>    if (delayflg < 2 && ihave(mid)) {
>        ln_log(LNLOG_SERR, LNLOG_CARTICLE,
>               "store: duplicate article %s", mid);
>        rc = -2;
>        goto bail;
>    }

You are perfectly right: I just reported the relevant text part of the
message, but there were message-ids too.

store: duplicate article <2X0He.21565$2U1.1376213@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
store: duplicate article <LL9He.23780$B6.641826@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

They were not crossposts. Besides I was just retrieving 1 group with the N
option and had an empty interesting.groups folder.

The command line was like:
fetchenws -N [group]

At the end of the job, fetchnews said:
...[group] 48262 articles fetched (to 48263), 2 killed
fetchnews: 48262 articles and 0 headers fetched, 2 killed, 0 posted, in 4073
seconds

Might they just be what they say to be: duplicate mids on the upstream
server?

> Enrico, did you run any "prepared" articles
> from news/in.coming by
> fetchnews?

I don't think so. What do you mean by "prepared" articles? :-)

> Another question:  did you upgrade or install another leafnode version
> without doing "texpire -r"?  "ihave()" runs "lookup()", which needs
> correct hashes in message.id/*.

Well, I had the same results also on a fresh leafnode-2 installation, on a
different linux installation, different partition, so I don't think it's an
upgrade/reinstallation issue.
Anyway,  before installing leafnode-2 the first time, I completely
uninstalled leafnode-1 (from synaptic) and removed (deleted) the entire
/var/spool/news tree and the leafnode configuration file in /etc/...

I followed these guidelines for leafnode-2 installation on Ubuntu 9.04:

Enrico