[leafnode-list] Re: Duplicate posting to a moderated group

On 2009-06-22, Matthias Andree wrote:

> Am 22.06.2009, 16:35 Uhr, schrieb Adam Funk <a24061@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>>> I'm not sure if it's possible to solve this with sort of "status
>>> precedence" - which one is "more correct" or "more likely correct"?
>>> Moderated or Open posting groups? I don't think this is solvable without
>>> human interaction.
>>
>> Does leafnode-2 generate any warnings (that I failed to see) about
>> conflicting flags?
>
> No it doesn't. BTW, does the group *description* mention "(moderated)" or
> something similar? Leafnode looks for (Moderated) under some circumstances
> - but case sensitively.

No.  I used telnet with NNTP commands to test them directly.  This
upstream server gets it right:

list newsgroups uk.legal*
215 Descriptions in form "group description".
uk.legal        Discussion of legal issues in the UK
uk.legal.moderated      Legal topics relevant to UK law (Moderated)
.
list active uk.legal*
215 Newsgroups in form "group high low flags".
uk.legal 0001588635 0001548096 y
uk.legal.moderated 0000105034 0000096478 m
.

This one gets it wrong and is remarkably uninformative:

list active uk.legal*
215 Newsgroups in form "group high low flags".
uk.legal 0001038135 0001037538 y
uk.legal.moderated 0000107637 0000107527 y
.
list newsgroups uk.legal*
215 descriptions in form "group description"
uk.legal        ?
uk.legal.moderated      ?