[leafnode-list] Re: Duplicate posting to a moderated group

Am 26.06.2009, 18:04 Uhr, schrieb clemens fischer
<ino-news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Mon-2009/06/22-09:46 Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure if it's possible to solve this with sort of "status
>> precedence" - which one is "more correct" or "more likely correct"?
>> Moderated or Open posting groups? I don't think this is solvable
>> without human interaction.
>
> Leafnode does have the etc/leafnode/moderators file.  So how about this:
> if the user wants to coerce the posting mode to "moderated", he/she
> can use leafnode/moderators, if he/she doesn't care, just let upstream
> handle it.  IOW, if the server having "y" in groupinfo can handle posts,
> it can have that article.  "Handle posts" defined here as: there are
> articles having that server in the PATH: header.

Hi Clemens,

I don't think this is a viable option. We'd have to parse each and every
article's Path: header when downloading, then this test would break on
low-traffic groups, the test would break if the upstream's DNS server name
doesn't match what gets put in Path:, and if one server has the moderator
flag wrong, the moderator will get dupes. Sorry.

Best regards