[leafnode-list] Re: Duplicate posting to a moderated group

Am 30.06.2009, 22:18 Uhr, schrieb clemens fischer
<ino-news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> I don't think this is a viable option. We'd have to parse each and
>> every  article's Path: header when downloading, then this test would
>> break on  low-traffic groups, the test would break if the upstream's
>> DNS server name  doesn't match what gets put in Path:, and if one
>> server has the moderator  flag wrong, the moderator will get dupes.
>> Sorry.
>
> The last thing I could propose is a per-server flag "post_once"
> (boolean) indicating that posting should be considered successful if the
> server returns 2xx instead of waiting for the article to come back.

Then we'll either need a way to configure which server to post to, rather
than determine this automatically, or alternatively, a per-server posting
queue, or a queue that logs possible nexthops and marks them "done" after
1st successful try. This is somewhere between INN's outgoing handling and
a mail transfer agent...

I'd thought about one of the two latter options, but not yet implemented
one.