[leafnode-list] Re: Duplicate posting to a moderated group

Matthias Andree wrote:

> In the long term, leafnode (or rather fetchnews) should cache the
> individual servers' active files and merge them into its own, and
> perhaps let the leafnode admin override group flags.
>
> On short term, we should complain about group status conflicts - but
> such warnings are only useful if we can tell the user details about
> the conflict. Currently, we can't, as we merge the active files on the
> fly.

I hope not to annoy you, Matthias, but it seems the information about
which servers carry which newsgroups is almost there:

$ awk '
/./ {
    fn=FILENAME; sub(/\/.*\//,"",fn);
    if ($0 in groups) {
        dups[$0]=1; groups[$0]=groups[$0] " - " fn
    } else groups[$0]=$0 " - " fn
}
END { for (i in dups) print groups[i] }
' /var/spool/news/leaf.node/news.*
alt.test.clienttest 1 - news.eternal-september.org - news.gmane.org
                      - news.motzarella.org - news.mozilla.org
local.archive 1 - news.eternal-september.org - news.gmane.org
                - news.motzarella.org - news.mozilla.org
alt.fr.ascii-art 1 - news.eternal-september.org - news.gmane.org
                   - news.motzarella.org - news.mozilla.org
gmane.comp.security.freecerts.german 1 - news.eternal-september.org
          - news.gmane.org - news.motzarella.org - news.mozilla.org
netbsd.current-users 1 - news.eternal-september.org - news.gmane.org
                       - news.motzarella.org - news.mozilla.org
gmane.comp.security.freecerts 1 - news.eternal-september.org
   - news.gmane.org - news.motzarella.org - news.mozilla.org

(Output reformatted slightly: every group has one possibly long line.
Don't think I got this right the first time over  8-)  Also, if anyone
wants to try this with his or her own leafnode instalaltion, you'd have
to use the per-server files in news/leaf.node/*, mine all happen to
start with "news.".)

This lists duplicate groups and servers carrying them.  Would it be
possible to add flags to these files?

clemens