[leafnode-list] Re: Segmentation fault and dependencies

>> Im in the process of setting up Leafnode 2.
>> Before I had set up a news reader to select a news group I ran
>> sudo fetchnews -vvvv which ended with the output below.

>> I need an active file (to figure which groups are moderated) before I
>> can post.
>> cannot open /var/spool/leafnode/leaf.node/10.0.0.13: No such file or
>> directory - new server?
>> unable to open /etc/leafnode/local.groups: No such file or directory
>> Segmentation fault
>>
>> Surely It should quit nicely
>
> Yes, it should. I need more information to fix this however - could you
> please provide me with a stack backtrace so I can fix that, instructions at
> ?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> --
> Matthias Andree

My setup is that ive just compiled and installed leafnode, copied the
config file from my other machine, edited config file to use my other
machine as the server to collect the messages from, edited host file,
and ran leafnode

the output from the stack backtrace is ..........

>From a core file. Dont know what one is..
root@paul64:~# gdb fetchnews core
GNU gdb 6.8-debian
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu"...
/home/paul/core: No such file or directory.
(gdb) backtrace full
No stack.
(gdb) quit

under gdb supervision
root@paul64:~# gdb fetchnews
GNU gdb 6.8-debian
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/sbin/fetchnews
cannot stat /var/spool/leafnode/leaf.node/groupinfo: No such file or directory, may cause bad performance
unable to open /etc/leafnode/local.groups: No such file or directory
I need an active file (to figure which groups are moderated) before I can post.
unable to open /etc/leafnode/local.groups: No such file or directory

mergeactives (old=0x0, newa=0x0) at activutil.c:652
652    activutil.c: No such file or directory.
    in activutil.c
(gdb) backtrace full
#0  mergeactives (old=0x0, newa=0x0) at activutil.c:652
    g =
    ogrp =
#1  0x00000000004075c8 in main (argc=,
    argv=) at fetchnews.c:2417
    reply =
    conffile = 0x0
    err = 1
    rc = 0
    postonly = 0
    starttime = 1252263103
    sa = {__sigaction_handler = {sa_handler = 0x407800 ,
    sa_sigaction = 0x407800 }, sa_mask = {__val = {8192,
      0 }}, sa_flags = 268435457,
  sa_restorer = 0x7fff00000001}
    os =
    myname = "fetchnews"
    forceactive = 1
(gdb) quit
The program is running.  Exit anyway? (y or n) y

Hope this helps.

Paul.