[leafnode-list] Re: Segmentation fault and dependencies

Dear Paul, list lurkers,

Am 06.09.2009, 21:01 Uhr, schrieb Paul Brooks <paulbrooks59@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> From a core file. Dont know what one is..

...if your system writes one at all. Core files are often disabled so as
to protect the user's privacy. Since running under gdb comes up with a
reasonable backtrace, nevermind.

> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /usr/local/sbin/fetchnews
> cannot stat /var/spool/leafnode/leaf.node/groupinfo: No such file or
> directory, may cause bad performance
> unable to open /etc/leafnode/local.groups: No such file or directory
> I need an active file (to figure which groups are moderated) before I
> can post.
> unable to open /etc/leafnode/local.groups: No such file or directory

> mergeactives (old=0x0, newa=0x0) at activutil.c:652
> 652    activutil.c: No such file or directory.
>     in activutil.c
> (gdb) backtrace full
> #0  mergeactives (old=0x0, newa=0x0) at activutil.c:652
>     g =
>     ogrp =
> #1  0x00000000004075c8 in main (argc=,
>     argv=) at fetchnews.c:2417
>     reply =
>     conffile = 0x0
>     err = 1
>     rc = 0
>     postonly = 0
>     starttime = 1252263103
>     sa = {__sigaction_handler = {sa_handler = 0x407800 ,
>     sa_sigaction = 0x407800 }, sa_mask = {__val = {8192,
>       0 }}, sa_flags = 268435457,
>   sa_restorer = 0x7fff00000001}
>     os =
>     myname = "fetchnews"
>     forceactive = 1
> (gdb) quit
> The program is running.  Exit anyway? (y or n) y
>
> Hope this helps.

Yes, it does, thank you -- and sorry for the inconvenience. It appears
bootstrapping setups is a lightly tested scenario (and one of the reasons
why I'm not calling leafnode "beta").

I hope this is fixed in the new 20090908a snapshot I've just uploaded. If
it isn't, please send me another backtrace - "under GDB supervision" is
sufficient.

Happy fetching,