[leafnode-list] Re: Installation/configuration problems, help please

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 10:52:19PM +0200, Robert Grimm wrote:
> Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Yes, I think so, though there's no clue anywhere in the documentation
> > that one needs to do that.  The default leafnode installation in
> > ubuntu adds entries to /etc/cron.d and /etc/cron.daily so it would
> > seem that it will get run.  It's now some hours since I installed so
> > *something* should have got run.
>
> If so, there should be something in the logfiles in /var/log/news/
>
> > Anyway surely tin should still see an NNTP server even if no news has
> > been collected yet.
>
> Please try '$ telnet localhost 119'

I already did and it wasn't working.

However everything has some to life now, it maybe a system reboot
sorted things out, I'm not sure.  I do have a further (minor) problem
but I'll start a new thread for that.

Thanks for the help so far.

--
Chris Green