[leafnode-list] How to make leafnode refresh all groups without having to visit them?

I use tin as my newsreader.  When it starts up it presents me with a
list of my currently subscribed newsgroups and a count of new messages
in each group.

I then visit only the groups which have new messages (Shift/C sets all
messages in current group read and moves to the next with unread
messages).  Thus I will never visit a group with no new messages and
leafnode doesn't fetch anyhthing for that group and (circularly) there
are no new messages.

Is there any way around this?  I want leafnode to always refresh all
the groups in my .newsrc file regardless of whether I have visited
them or not.

--
Chris Green