[leafnode-list] Re: How to make leafnode refresh all groups without having to visit them?

Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I use tin as my newsreader.  When it starts up it presents me with a
> list of my currently subscribed newsgroups and a count of new messages
> in each group.

> I then visit only the groups which have new messages (Shift/C sets all
> messages in current group read and moves to the next with unread
> messages).  Thus I will never visit a group with no new messages and
> leafnode doesn't fetch anyhthing for that group and (circularly) there
> are no new messages.

> Is there any way around this?  I want leafnode to always refresh all
> the groups in my .newsrc file regardless of whether I have visited
> them or not.

I'm not very familiar with tin, but this shouldn't be a problem if you
are reading with NNTP (e.g. tin -r) and you have entered the groups in
question at least once after subscribing.

You may take a look at timeout_short and timeout_long in
/etc/news/leafnode/config.

Rob
--
I really don't have anything against gravity
But it really does weight me down