[leafnode-list] Requesting "legal opinion" on newsgroup Xref header

Just possibly I am over-obsessive about keeping old postings to the <news.answers> newsgroup.

There is a situation with fetchnews where the "Information Assurance FAQ" does not get cross-referenced to <news.answers>. A little investigation shows that the header contains the following line:
    Newsgroups:...,news.answers^M

Let's presume that the control-M character triggers this problem.  Should I:

1) Just say how much I appreciate the efforts of those who provide public domain tools and content.
    FAQs together with leafnode, fetchnews, texpire are GREAT!
2) Inform the FAQ maintainer?
3) File a fetchnews bug report?

--
John R. Myers  /  P.O. Box 1722  /  Westminster, CA  92684  /  USA
tel. +1 714 901-3672