[leafnode-list] Re: Requesting "legal opinion" on newsgroup Xref header

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 12:00:34 -0800 "John R. Myers" <jmyers@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Just possibly I am over-obsessive about keeping old postings to the
> <news.answers> newsgroup.
>
> There is a situation with fetchnews where the "Information Assurance
> FAQ" does not get cross-referenced to <news.answers>. A little
> investigation shows that the header contains the following line:
> Newsgroups:...,news.answers^M

I can't find any postings of a FAQ by that name in news.answers - or on
Google Groups Advanced Search (not that that is reliable) or at
<http://www.faqs.org/faqs/>.  What newsgroups should it be found in?

> Let's presume that the control-M character triggers this problem.
> Should I:
>
> 1) Just say how much I appreciate the efforts of those who provide
> public domain tools and content. FAQs together with leafnode, fetchnews,
> texpire are GREAT! 2) Inform the FAQ maintainer?
> 3) File a fetchnews bug report?

If others can verify the presence of an errant ^M, then a polite email to
the maintainer of the FAQ would seem to be in order.

--
--  Whiskers