[leafnode-list] Re: leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20090908a.luascript filters killing all articles

Am 22.11.2009, 19:48 Uhr, schrieb clemens fischer
<ino-news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> There is a problem in inter-operating the old filterfile-based and the
> new Lua-based filtering, which has been discussed several times.  We
> have three ways to solve it:
>
> 1.  decommission of filterfile
> 2.  decommission of Lua
> 3.  make both work again at users choice
>
> At the outset I wanted both to work, but it turned out that changes to
> leafnode-2 are needed.  So I checked in an experimental branch with
> a possible fix.  Matthias did not yet look at it or decide what should
> be done.

Dear readers,

Sorry for being slow, I'm clogged up in other stuff, and have been - and
there's been no time to look into the bigger issues that require reading
heaps of code.

WRT the decision, that is easily made, (3) is the desired result, let's
merge and fix things.

I think (1) would possibly turn the less knowledgable (non-programmer)
part of the target group away, and is not desirable.

I'm afraid this posting isn't overly helpful yet, and I'm also afraid that
the blame is on me (obviously, for (1) insufficient documentation of the
source code that caused this incompatibility and (2) my slow response).

Sorry again