[leafnode-list] Re: Does 'expire' really mean what it says?

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 11:32:55AM -0600, David Rosen wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > At the top of my leafnode config file I have:-
> >
> >    ## Unread articles will be deleted after this many days if
> >    ## you don't define special expire times. Mandatory.
> >    expire = 20
> >
> > Does it really mean *unread* articles will be deleted after 20 days?
> > Or does it mean *all* articles will be deleted after 20 days?
> >
> It does if you run texpire via cron.

It does what?  :-)

.... in fact the leafnode man page does explain things more fully,
texpire deletes articles 'expire' days after they were last read.

I was just confused by the default comment in the config file which
(sort of) suggests that only unread articles will be expired.

--
Chris Green