[leafnode-list] Re: Signs of life...

On 2010-04-08, »Q« wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 22:09:05 +0100
> Adam Funk <a24061@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 2010-04-08, Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> > If someone can help getting leafnode 2 ready for the new NNTP
>> > standards, that will be much appreciated. Even if you cannot code,
>> > but can read the standards and see what leafnode 2 would have to
>> > do, such a list would be a big help.
>>
>> Can you point me towards the new NNTP standards?
>
> RFC 3977

OK, I thought Matthias meant something even newer.  TBH, I didn't
realize that leafnode 2 was not up to the RFC 3977 stuff.  Maybe I'm
not qualifed to help!

I use mainly slrn with leafnode; maybe slrn doesn't demand any of
that, or perhaps I'm not using all of slrn's features.  (I did notice
a big improvement when I switched from leafnode 1 to leafnode 2 ---
the latter supported slrn's features for reconstructing threads.)