[leafnode-list] Re: Signs of life...

Adam Funk wrote on 2010-04-14:

> On 2010-04-08, »Q« wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 22:09:05 +0100
>> Adam Funk <a24061@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Can you point me towards the new NNTP standards?
>>
>> RFC 3977

Correct.

> OK, I thought Matthias meant something even newer.  TBH, I didn't
> realize that leafnode 2 was not up to the RFC 3977 stuff.  Maybe I'm
> not qualifed to help!
>

> I use mainly slrn with leafnode; maybe slrn doesn't demand any of
> that, or perhaps I'm not using all of slrn's features.  (I did notice
> a big improvement when I switched from leafnode 1 to leafnode 2 ---
> the latter supported slrn's features for reconstructing threads.)

I guess clients will be slower than servers (such as INN) to adopt NNTP -
they need to wait that servers are up to the task.

Leafnode barely supports RFC 3977.  Where some words such as XOVER were
just sanctioned by the standard and lost their "X" prefix, leafnode
understands, for instance, "OVER" and "HDR", but that's about it.