[leafnode-list] error message question

Hello,

I'm pretty sure this problem is not leafnode related, but haven't
found any help via Google and am not sure where else to turn.

I'm polling news.eternal-september.org with leafnode (version
leafnode-2.0.0.alpha 20060608b in case it matters) running on
Slackware 10.2.  I've been using this setup for years with a
variety of nntp servers (including ES since it was motz) without
problem, and on May 21 at 08:24:03 (EDT) began getting the
following error message:

connecting to news.eternal-september.org:nntp: cannot create
socket: Address family not supported by protocol

Any suggestions on how to correct this situation would be most
appreciated.

--
Theodore (Ted) Heise     <theo@xxxxxxxx>     Bloomington, IN, USA