[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] leafnode 1.11.8 release candidate #1
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
leafnode-1.11.8.rc1 has been released, it is available from
<http://home.pages.de/~mandree/leafnode/> and a release candidate to
leafnode-1.11.8. It's now also available as .tar.xz archive,
lowering the download size by more than 10% compared to .tar.bz2.
The "XZ Utils" software to uncompress is used similarly (from command
line) to gzip or bzip2 and available from <http://tukaani.org/xz/>, all
public domain or free and open source software.
(The XZ Utils can decompress .xz and .lzma files.)
Note also that you can donate via the SourceForge system (links are
readily available on http://www.leafnode.org/). Your donations help
finance the infrastructure used to host leafnode.
The changes from leafnode-1.11.7 to 1.11.8.rc1 are:
- - Performance optimization, reported by Gary R. Schmidt.
- - Fix a compiler warning on computers where "long" is a wider type than "int",
such as many 64-bit computers.
- - Fix compiler warnings on computers where "long" is a wider type than "time_t",
such as NetBSD 5.X on 64-bit computers.
- - Fix compiler warning "dereferencing type-punned pointer will break
- - Fix a file descriptor leak in fetchnews.c's getbody_newno function; reported
to Debian BTS by Helmut Grohne, fix by Robert Grimm.
- - Leafnode now enables IPv6 support by default. Use --without-ipv6 to disable.
- - Leafnode now supports detecting if a peer is in a local network also
for IPv6 global addresses, providing that the host OS provides getifaddrs().
This comprises Linux, NetBSD, and FreeBSD, but not, for instance, Solaris 10.
Reported missing by M. G. Berberich.
- - Leafnode is now always compiled in maintainer mode.
This has no impact on run-time behaviour.
- - Leafnode now assumes that handlers for signal() do not return a value.
- - Skip arbitrary amounts of contiguous CR right before LF. Reported by John R.
- - Remove the long-obsoleted README.FIRST file.
- - The FAQ has information on how to copy the spool.
- - FAQ: The MAC OS X two-level namespace documentation for PCRE was removed,
PCRE is no longer part of the leafnode distribution.
- - FAQ: mention how to fix losing unsubscriptions of low-traffic groups in slrn
- - config.example: The expire documentation should now be clearer and closer to
the one in the leafnode(8) manual page. Along the lines discussed by Chris G
and Whiskers on the leafnode mailing list.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.12 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
leafnode-list mailing list